"Know before you go" with LauderStreet, a new interactive, mobile-friendly map that provides location-specific information about current and upcoming road and sidewalk closures in the City’s right-of-way (ROW). LauderStreet is a great tool to learn about road closures near your home, work, and other favorite places before you head out.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
Please be advised that the following report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
>> St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival and Shamrock Run - Restrictions to be in place on March 9 and 10
FRIDAY, MARCH 9
- E. Las Olas Boulevard from Andrews Avenue to SE 1st Avenue will be closed from Friday, March 9 at 10:30 a.m. to Saturday, March 10 at midnight.
- SE 1st Avenue from E. Las Olas Boulevard to the south side of the FAU/BC Tower parking lot driveway will be closed from 9 a.m. Friday, March 9 to midnight on Saturday, March 10.
SATURDAY, MARCH 10
- E. Las Olas Boulevard from SE 1st Avenue to SE 10 Terrace will be closed from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 10 for the Shamrock Run. North and southbound traffic will be periodically allowed to cross at intersections.
- E. Las Olas Boulevard from SE 12 Avenue to SE 15 Avenue will remain open but will have intermittent closures from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 10 for the Shamrock Run.
- E. Las Olas Boulevard from SE 1st Avenue to SE 8th Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 10.
- North New River Drive East eastbound lanes will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 10. During this timeframe, residents of the Watergarden and the Las Olas Grand condominiums are to use SE 3rd Avenue/SE 4th Street for entrance and exit. Residents of the Las Olas River House condominiums are to use SE 3rd Avenue/New River Center parking garage driveway for entrance and exit.
- Andrews Avenue from Las Olas Boulevard to SW 2 Street; W. Las Olas Boulevard from Andrews Avenue to SW 1 Avenue; SW 1 Avenue from Las Olas Boulevard to SW 2 Street; and SW 2 Street from Andrews Avenue to SW 2 Avenue will be closed from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 10.
- The intersections of E. Las Olas Boulevard and SE 2nd, 3rd and 6th Avenues will be closed from 11:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 10. These Avenues are anticipated to remain open intermittently for north and southbound traffic until 11:15 a.m.
- Business and residential traffic south of E. Las Olas Boulevard and west of US 1/Federal Highway should use SE 3rd Avenue and SE 4th Street to enter/exit the neighborhood, approaching from SE 6th Street on SE 3rd Avenue.
- Business and residential traffic south of E. Las Olas Boulevard and east of US 1/Federal Highway should use SE 8th Avenue or SE 11th Avenue to enter/exit the neighborhood.
- Residents who live directly inside a closure will still be allowed to/from their homes but may need to use a detoured route. Traffic congestion and delays should be expected throughout the day.
SHAMROCK RUN TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS – SATURDAY, MARCH 10
The Shamrock Run will take place in downtown Fort Lauderdale and adjacent neighborhoods on Saturday, March 10 from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Motorists will experience delays and road closures along E. Las Olas Boulevard, Broward Boulevard, Victoria Park Road, and neighborhood streets along the route. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays until 12:30 p.m. The Fort Lauderdale Police Department will have officers stationed along the route to guide pedestrians and motorists and ensure public safety. To view a map of the traffic restrictions, visit: www.stpatsftl.com/2018-traffic-advisory
- The run begins at Huizenga Plaza (Las Olas and Andrews Avenue), travels east on Las Olas Boulevard, turns north onto SE 6 Avenue, and proceeds to Broward Boulevard. All lanes of E. Las Olas Boulevard from SE 1 Avenue to SE 6 Avenue will be closed and SE 6 Avenue to Broward Boulevard will be closed.
- Runners will turn right onto Broward Boulevard and head east to NE 15 Avenue.
- The eastbound right curb lane of Broward Boulevard will be closed from SE 6 Avenue to Victoria Park Road. The eastbound median lane will be open for vehicle traffic.
As the runners enter the residential neighborhoods, streets will be closed. Officers will make every accommodation to expedite residents entering and leaving the neighborhood.
- Runners will turn left from Broward Boulevard onto NE 15 Avenue and head north to NE 2 Street. NE 15 Avenue to NE 2 Street will be closed. At NE 2 Street, runners will turn right and head east to NE 16 Avenue, then proceed north to NE 7 Street.
- NE 16 Avenue from NE 2 Street to NE 7 Street will be closed for the runners. This is a residential street and vehicles will be intermittently allowed to enter and leave the area.
- At NE 7 Street, runners will turn right and head east to Victoria Park Road.
- At Victoria Park Road, runners will turn right and head south along Victoria Park Road to the turn at Broward Boulevard. Just north of NE 1 Street, runners will be running south, but will be directed into the northbound lane of Victoria Park Road. This will allow the runners to travel westbound in the eastbound lane of Broward Boulevard at the turn. All westbound lanes of Broward Boulevard will be open for vehicle traffic.
- Runners will turn left from Broward Boulevard and head south on SE 17 Avenue to SE 2 Court. At SE 2 Court, they will turn right and head west to SE 10 Terrace.
- At SE 10 Terrace, runners will turn left and head south to E. Las Olas Boulevard. At E. Las Olas Boulevard, runners will turn right and head west along E. Las Olas Boulevard to the finish line in front of Huizenga Plaza.
- Residents of Colee Hammock and Victoria Park are advised to avoid streets along the run route and surrounding areas, however, officers will make every effort to maintain cross traffic when safe to do so.
- Traffic congestion and delays in and around the detoured areas should be expected throughout the day on Saturday, March 10.
For more information about the Fort Lauderdale St. Patrick's Parade and Festival and the Shamrock Run or to view a map of the traffic restrictions, visit: www.stpatsftl.com/2018-traffic-advisory
>> Andrews Avenue Closure - From Las Olas to SE/SW 5th Avenue
- South Andrews Avenue between Las Olas Boulevard and SE/SW 5th Street in Fort Lauderdale will be intermittently closed in both directions from Monday, March 12, 2018 to Sunday, March 18, 2018. The closures, required due to demolition of an adjacent multi-story building, will occur between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM. Motorists will be detoured to use SE 3rd Avenue as an alternate route during the road closures.
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard
- Three northbound and three southbound lanes of I-95 between Broward Boulevard and Commercial Boulevard will be closed Sunday night through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- The I-95 northbound entrance ramp from Oakland Park Boulevard will be closed to all traffic Sunday night through Thursday night from 11:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured off I-95 at Commercial Boulevard. FHP will be on site to direct motorists.
- I-95 in both directions, from south of Davie Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard, will have intermittent shoulder and ramp shoulder closures, as needed, daily and nightly.
- The southbound I-95 entrance ramp from Broward Boulevard will be closed nightly 11:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday night February 25 through Thursday night March 1. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
- Advanced Notice: The southbound I-95 exit ramp to Davie Boulevard will be closed Sunday night, March 11 through Thursday night, March 15 between 11:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
- Advanced Notice: One lane of the eastbound/westbound I-595 to northbound I-95 will be closed overnight Sunday, March 11 through Thursday night, March 15 between 11:30 p.m .and 5 a.m. each night.
>> A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- One lane in each direction on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be intermittently closed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
>> Broward Boulevard from NW 18 Avenue to US 1
- The sidewalk is closed along the north side of Broward Boulevard between NW 18 Avenue and NW 15 Avenue
- Detour signs are in place to guide pedestrians
- Westbound traffic is shifted slightly north and will use the 3-lane temporary bridge for the duration of construction
- Eastbound traffic is shifted slightly north to the newly constructed north side of the bridge through early 2018 while crews construct the south side of the bridge
- Up to two lanes in each direction of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 18 Avenue (500 feet maximum at a time) will be closed weekdays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- The sidewalk is closed along the north side of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 14 Avenue
- Signs are in place to direct pedestrians to the south sidewalk
- SW 15 Terrace is closed at Broward Boulevard through February
- Detour signage is in place to guide motorists via SW 14 Avenue to access SW 15 Terrace
>> Broward Mobility Project: SW 31 Avenue from Riverland Road to Broward Boulevard
- One lane in each direction of NW 31 Avenue from Broward Boulevard to Oakland Park Boulevard will be closed overnight Sunday through Thursday night between 8:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. to remove old asphalt and repave the travel lanes.
>> Old Dixie Highway Improvements Project from NE 13th Street to the Middle River Bridge
- The new roundabout at NE 16 Court is open to traffic.
- One lane in both directions of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13 Street to the south end of the Middle River Bridge may be closed weekdays through Friday, March 2, 2018 between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone. Motorists can expect delays.
- "No Thru Trucks" signs have been installed at both ends of the corridor (NE 13th Street in Fort Lauderdale and NE 11th Avenue in Wilton Manors) to enhance safety now that portions of Old Dixie Highway have been narrowed to accommodate the construction work
- Lanes widths have been narrowed from NE 14 Place to NE 18 Court. This is a “No Passing Zone”. Use caution when driving through the work zone
- There is a new traffic pattern in place from NE 14 Place to NE 16 Court because of the new raised intersections, raised crosswalks, and new roundabout at NE 16 Court. Use caution when driving through the work zone.
>> SW 4th Avenue at SW 28th Street Intersection
- One lane of SW 28 Street at SW 4 Avenue will be intermittently closed Tuesday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for roadway widening. Flaggers will direct traffic as needed
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in Summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.